Water/Sewer/Trash Billing & Collections

Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 the City of Alliance water/garbage walk-up billing window will be temporarily CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. Also closed to walk-in traffic are the Income Tax and the Engineering Office counter services.
This temporary action is being done as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to restrict public access. The offices will remain open by telephone and email.

Payments can be made in the following ways:
• Online at the City of Alliance website: cityofalliance.com
• At the lobby drop box at 504 E. Main Street
• At the deposit box on Prospect Street at the back of 504 E. Main St.
• By mail to the Water Utility, 504 East Main St., Alliance, Ohio 44601-2402

***Please note, we are not accepting cash payments at this time. If you cannot make payment by one of the options above, please call the billing office for assistance. 330-823-3126

More information will be forthcoming regarding continuity of these required city services.

Online Billing & Payments

You can view current and past billing online through our secured connection. You can also pay by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Also, go green and select paperless emailed bills. Signing up is easy. You will need your most recent statement.

Pay Bill Online

Make payment online

Terms and Conditions for online payments

New Service

  • For water/sewer/trash services inside the city, contact the Billing Department at (330)823-3126.
  • For properties outside the city without water service, contact the mayor’s office at (330)821-3110

Application for Water/Sewer/Trash Service

After Hours

 The Alliance Water Department provides 24-hour emergency services 365 days a year. Any problems that need to be reported after normal business hours may be reported to:

  • Central dispatch - (330)821-3131
  • Water treatment - (330)823-2242
  • Wastewater treatment - (330)829-2220

There is no charge for backed up sewer mains or water main repairs, but if general service is required, a $150 overtime charge, along with any normal charges is incurred for a service call.

All calls will be followed up on by a foreman or superintendent, therefore a phone number will be requested so a return call can be made.

Moving / Selling Process

If you are moving out of a property or selling that property, please notify the Billing Department in advance so we may schedule a final reading. Since we bill one month in arrears, we must have a current reading to produce a final bill. We need a phone call, 24 hours notice, and a forwarding address. If the last billed readings for the property have been estimated, you may need to have a scheduled appointment to retrieve the current reading.

If you are buying a home, you will need to come in to the Billing Department office at 504 E. Main St. and sign an application for water/sewer/trash service before we can put the bill in your name. We will need a form of identification, the social security number is optional due to the new privacy act, and proof that you are the new owner.