While CDC considers Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 a serious situation and is taking preparedness measures, the immediate risk in the U.S. is considered low, based on what we know. Everyone should always take simple precautions to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For additional information visit COVID-19 Facts Ohio Department of Health Call Center for questions.-1-833-427-5634